"Out of memory" error
- The memory error crash can be fixed by doing the following:
- Create a shortcut of H1-Mod on your desktop.
- Right click the shortcut, and press "Properties".
- At the end of "Target" section, please add a space and -memoryfix and click apply.
This should generate a valid
players2 folder, and after that, you can remove the memory fix parameter.
"MISSING FILE" error
- The inability to load the necessary files (
MISSING FILE eng_code_pre_gfx_mp.ff) usually happens due to file structure in Steam version and can be fixed by using MWR Files Cleaner or doing the following:
- Move all .bik files to
- Move all .ff, .pak files and localization folder (
englishor any other) to
Make sure your language zone folder is valid. The default language is
english, so this could also be it.
"Failed to read game binary" error
- Copy the h1-mod.exe into your Modern Warfare Remastered install folder and run it from there.
- Any of the following can fix this issue:
- Disable shader cache preloading
- Update GPU drivers
- Free up RAM
- Lower your graphics settings